Explore Barcelona’s Neighborhoods: Sant Antoni13 July, 2017
Festa Mayor – Gràcia Street Festival16 August, 2017
So Friday has finally come around and the weekend is about to begin! Here are https://hellobcnhostel.com/en/2017/08/04/five-ideas-to-ge…-weekend-started/a few tips on how to enjoy your weekend in Barcelona:
- Morning swim at the beach – weekends can get crowded at the beaches in Barcelona in the summer time, so get up early and go for a morning swim! There are less people on the beach which means it’s a lot more relaxing and you don’t have to fight over that last space to lay your towel.
- A swim whilst enjoying views of the city at the 92 Olympic diving pool – now this is a summer gem not to be missed. The fabulous outdoor Olympic swimming pool, designed by Antoni de Moragas, was built in 1992 for the diving events of the Barcelona Olympics. It is only open in July and August every year, from 11:00 am to 6:30 pm and costs just 6.50 euros.
Olympic (1992) diving pool MontJuic
- A night out on the town – join us for one of our night tours! Join us for our meet and greet in the hostel where you can meet other guests, then head out and discover Barcelona’s night life with your new friends!
A night out with new friends
- Duck up to the Magic Fountain at Montjuic for amazing sound and light shows – The Font Màgica, or Magic Fountain, was built by Carles Buigas for the International Expo in 1929, on the site where Josep Puig i Cadafalch’s Four Columns had stood before being demolished in 1928. They were later rebuilt in 2010.
- Head up to Montjuic again for Brunch in the Park on Sunday – This Sunday’s line up includes: DJ Lui (1:00pm to 4:00pm), Psychemagik (4:00pm to 5:30pm), Factory Floor LIVE (5:30pm to 6:30pm), and Andrew Weatherall (6:30pm to 8:30pm).
Brunch in the Park – Barcelona
There is so much more to see and do in Barcelona, but that should get you started 😊